Maritime Memorial General Information
Thank you for your interest in the Maritime Memorial and this unique tribute to your friends and family. For information regarding the Maritime Memorial call (503) 298 2467 or email Jonah Dart-Mclean, Director of Parks and Recreation, at email@example.com.
Size of engraving space: Spaces are 4" x 12"
Name of person is limited to 18 characters, including spaces
Inscription is limited to 23 spaces including spaces
The cost of engraving per individual space is $500 per space if a stock graphic is used or $750 if customized artwork is requested—total fee must be paid prior to reserving a space on the Wall. Stock graphic images are defined as any image that has been engraved on the Memorial Wall previously. Custom images must be approved by the City of Astoria, and the Maritime Memorial Committee. No spaces are reserved until payment in full is received and engraving applications can only be accepted for deceased individuals.
Engraving is done once per year in May. Here is the timeline for engraving requests:
- November 30: Custom Graphic Applications Due
- December 1-January 15: UMMC Reviews Custom Graphics
- January 16-31: Resubmission Period for Updated Custom Graphics
- February 20: Final Approval/Denial Date of Custom Graphics, Review of all Inscription Requests
- February 21-28: Resubmission Period for Requested Changes to Graphics/Inscriptions
- March 1: Final Submission Date for Current Year Engravings
- March 15: UMMC Certifies Final Engraving Application List
- March 31: Engraving List is Submitted to Contractor for Engravings to be Completed by Memorial Day
2023 Maritime Memorial Names
Maritime Memorial Application 2023 v2
maritime memorial graphics sheets 2022.pdf
memorials and engravings policy aprd.pdf
Return to Astoria Parks & Attractions