Maritime Memorial General Information
Thank you for your interest in the Maritime Memorial and this unique tribute to your friends and family. For information regarding the Maritime Memorial call (503) 325-7275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Size of engraving space: Spaces are 4" x 12"
Name of person is limited to 18 characters, including spaces
Inscription is limited to 23 spaces including spaces
As of June 1, 2015 cost of engraving per individual space is $500 per space if stock graphic is used or $650 if customized artwork is requested—total fee must be paid prior to reserving space on the Wall. Stock graphic images are defined as any image that has been engraved on the Memorial Wall. Custom images must be approved by the City. No spaces are reserved until payment in full is received.
Engraving schedule: Engraving is done once per year in May. Requests are due by April 1. Dedication of newly engraved spaces is done annually on Memorial Day. Vancouver Granite does the engraving—this takes 2-3 days when the weather is clear and dry. On the engraving year a letter is sent indicating the completion of the engraving and announcing the service. The annual Memorial Day service is at 3pm.
Other General Policies & Information
- No more than 1 person's name on each plaque.
- No animal names and plaques cannot be purchased in the name of an animal.
- Only names of deceased may be engraved.
- No maritime relationship of the person is required.
- The graphic and/or words should be maritime related and will be reviewed by the City staff or Maritime Memorial Committee for appropriateness. When choosing agraphic, indicate the number on the application.
- Engravings shall be limited to name, year of birth and death, personalized graphicand/or limited words about the person. Exception: 1 additional line of text in lieu of a graphic.
- An anchor will be engraved by the name of any person who died at sea. It is notrequired that the person have been "lost at sea".
- Wall space is selected at random and requests for a specific location will be denied.
- Engravings are done in sequence beginning with the first panel and continue down.
maritime memorial graphics sheets memorials and engravings policy APRD.pdf
Return to Astoria Parks & Attractions