The Sprouts Learning Center is located in the Astoria Recreation Center building (Old Yacht Club) by the Old Youngs Bay Bridge, at 1555 W. Marine Dr., in Astoria, and can be reached at (503)325-7275.
The Sprouts Learning Center provides a fun, active, and encouraging environment for your sprout, ages 6 weeks to 5 years - with one infant classroom, two toddler classrooms, one preschool classroom, and one pre-kindergarten classroom. Full time and part-time options are available, with care offered Monday - Friday, from 7:30am-5:30pm.
Sprouts Learning Center Waitlist and Enrollment Process
- Visit the Sprouts Learning Center page on the Astoria Parks and Recreation website to ensure our scheduling options and costs will meet your family’s needs.
- Fill out and submit the interest form on the website. A staff member will reach back out to you to discuss your needs, answer any questions, and formally add you to the waitlist. Should you not respond to us attempting to contact you after submitting the inquiry form, you will not be added to the waitlist. This is also a great time to schedule a tour of the facility!
- Respond to the quarterly email inquiry asking you to reconfirm your childcare needs. Should you not respond to this inquiry, you will be moved to the inactive list.
- Once placement is offered, and if accepted, a $50.00 deposit will be required to hold your space for up to 2 weeks past the date of offer. Once enrolled in the program, this $50.00 deposit will be applied towards your first month’s tuition. Should you change your mind and/or opt to disenroll prior to the start of care, you will forfeit the deposit.
- Fill out, and submit at least two business days prior to the start of care, the Sprouts Learning Center enrollment packet. Your (prorated, if applicable) first month’s tuition will be due at this time.
- Watch your kiddo grow as a Sprout!
Sprouts Learning Center Monthly Fees
Waitlist Guidelines and FAQ's
Click Here to Submit a Waitlist Interest Form
Questions regarding the program, or information about the waiting list, can be sent to Desiree Denakis, Recreation Coordinator, at DDenakis@astoria.or.us.