- You must be a resident of Astoria
- Scholarships are provided in two forms: 100% scholarships for those who meet very low household income requirements or 50% scholarships for those who meet low-income house requirements (see back side of application for requirements).
- Eligibility documentation is required. The appropriate documentation includes; most recently filed tax return, Astoria School district notification for free/reduced lunch, or letter of approval from the State for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), medical assistance, or food assistance is required.
- Household income is defined as the sum, on an annual basis, of all pay, allowances, maintenance/child support, social service allowances and other income in the household.
- All information given is not a matter of public record and will be kept in the strictest confidence.
- Submission of an application is not a confirmation of a scholarship or a registration form.
- If a scholarship is approved, the recipient is required to pay the balance of the program cost and follow normal registration procedures. Scholarships are not transferable.
- The number and amount of scholarship funding is available based on donations received by the Astoria Parks Recreation, and Community Foundation.
- Scholarships will not be available for the following programs: childcare, to obtain plots at Oceanview Cemetery, private swim lessons, swim team passes, pool rentals, merchandise, daily walk-in fees, and parks punch passes.