To Rent a Facility:
Contact Terra Patterson (503)325 7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Facility Rental Policies
Please take into consideration the following policies, procedures, deposits and fees when renting a facility through Astoria Parks & Recreation.
- All rentals require a $250.00 refundable deposit prior to the rental reservation (separate from rental fee). Deposit may be increased depending on the size and length of the rental. Full deposits are returned within two weeks after the rental date as long as…
- The facility (stoves, refrigerators, floors, counter tops, walls, etc.) is left clean
- There is no apparent damage to the facility
- Garbage is contained and properly left for pick-up
- Shively Hall: Garbage should be sealed in garbage bag, and left on back porch.
- Alderbrook: Garbage should be sealed in garbage bag (without leakage), and left in the building.
If maintenance staff finds that any of the above conditions needs attention, our billable hourly rate is $30 per hour, not including the cost of materials to repair any damage. This will be taken out of the deposit.
Common Reasons for Losing Deposits:
- Floors, counters, kitchen/oven is left sticky
- Shoe marks on walls from people leaning/rubbing on wall
- Damage to wall from using tape, screws, hooks, putty etc. for decorations
- CONFETTI or GLITTER IS NOT ALLOWED! (It is time consuming for staff to clean up, and would result in loss of deposit)
- Only use push pins to put up decorations. No tape, screws, nails, putty, etc.
- Cleaning supplies for floors are provided
- Additional cleaning supplies for counters, kitchen etc. will not be provided
- Please let us know if you anticipate needing extra garbage bags and toilet paper for larger groups.
For rentals with groups larger than 50 people, a $75.00 (non-refundable) deposit is required. This fee is to cover a walk-through of the facility with a Parks and Recreation Staff Member, before the rental, and after the rental, to monitor the condition of the facility. If a renter neglects to inform the Parks Department of a group larger than 50, and there are more than 50 people in attendance during the rental period, 50% of the deposit will be lost.
For rentals involving alcohol, a $75.00 (non-refundable) deposit is required. This fee is to cover the cost of a Parks and Recreation Staff Member to be present at the facility towards the end of the rental, to ensure that the use of alcohol is contained, and that the condition of the facility has not been compromised. All use of alcohol at a rental facility requires a permit from the Parks & Recreation Department. If a renter neglects to obtain a permit for alcohol, and alcohol is found during the rental period, the entire deposit will be lost.
- Lost Key Fee: $250.00: This is to cover the cost of re-keying the building.
- Rental groups larger than 50 will be required to participate in a documented walk through the facility with a Parks and Recreation Staff Member prior to the rental, and after the rental, in order to monitor the condition of the facility. Renters will be asked to sign agreement stating they were present for this procedure. Photos may be taken to document the condition of the facility.
- Rental parties involving alcohol are required to have a Parks and Recreation Staff member present at the facility towards the end of the rental, to ensure the condition of the facility has not been compromised.
- Keys for the rental facility will be picked up at the Astoria Aquatic Center (1997 Marine Dr.) during operating hours only. When making the rental reservation, please let Parks and Recreation staff know when you plan to pick up the key, so that they can plan accordingly. Take note that operating hours may change due to holidays and other closures.
- M-F 5:00a.m.-8:00p.m. Sat. 9:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Sun. 11a.m.-4:00p.m.
AQUATIC CENTER PHONE NUMBER: (503)325-7027
Keys must be returned in the drop box at the Aquatic Center (to the right of the entry way door) no later than 8a.m. the next morning. Keys will only be allowed in the drop box, and will not be taken at the front desk.
- The City of Astoria reserves the right to cancel any permit due to construction, safety concerns and changes in use.
- A Parks and Recreation Staff member comes across a party at a rental facility that is out of control, hazardous and disruptive to the community.
- Emergency maitenance is required on a rental facility. (We will make every attempt to move the rental to a comprable location.).
- The City of Astoria reserves the right to show up at any rental facility event at any given time, without notice.